I can’t resist a bag of clementines. Come November (peak clementine season), they are a staple in our fruit bowl. These tiny little citrus fruits are portable, ideal in lunch boxes, easy for little hands to peel, sweet, juicy, and loaded with vitamin C & folate. In other words, they are perfect. But a lot come in the bag….so many that I often have to get creative before they go bad. Enter this creamsicle smoothie. After experimenting with whole pureed clementines in sauces and savory dishes, I decided to try them in a smoothie. This was something I’d never tried before and boy am I glad I did. Mixed with coconut milk and yogurt, this smoothie tastes exactly like a creamsicle. My girls instantly fell in love with it and haven’t stopped requesting them with breakfast and after school. And me? I can’t stop drinking them because every single sip is like an 80’s flashback of orange push-pops on the playground. A definite Win-Win for all.
- 5 clementines
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk (or any nut/seed milk you like)
- ¼ cup coconut yogurt (Greek yogurt works well too)
- 1 tablespoon agave or honey
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large handfuls ice
- Peel the clementines and pull each one in half. Remove any excess pith and discard.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.