There are a lot of trends that go in and out of the food world….Anything avocado? In! Unicorn Frappuccino’s? Hopefully out really soon. Sweet potato? Currently very in and currently one of our favorite snacks. Who would have ever thought slicing a sweet potato lengthwise and popping it in the toaster, like toast, would make the most delicious base for your favorite toasty toppings.
Here, I’ve paired it with peanut butter, granola, and shredded coconut. It is equally as delicious with smashed avocado (double trendiness there!), eggs, cream cheese, fresh or dried fruit, even Nutella. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
This Recipe Is:
- Super fun
- Easy to make
- High in fiber
- Loaded with protein
- Delicious for breakfast or snacktime
- Vitamin and mineral rich
- Adaptable to your taste and preference
- 1 sweet potato, washed and cut into ¼" slices, lengthwise
- Unsweetened peanut butter
- Shredded coconut
- Place sweet potato slices in toaster for 6-7 minutes, until soft and caramelized in spots.
- Top each slice with 1 tablespoon peanut butter and a sprinkling of granola and coconut.